To apply for MWBE Certification, you must meet the following eligibility standards:
Racial and ethnic minority group members are African American, Hispanic American, Asian Pacific American, Subcontinent Asian American, or Native American.
- The business must be 51% majority owned by women
or racial or ethnic minority group members who are U.S. citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents.
- The current racial or ethnic minority and women owners:
- must have owned and operated the business for at least one full year.
- must have filed a federal business tax return consisting of one full year.
- The business:
- must be independently owned and operated and located in the United States.
- must have been continuously operating for at least one year.
- An out-of-state business:
- must be currently certified by its home state.
- must have a physical onsite review conducted by its home state within the last three years.